Editor and writer with proven expertise in business, government, and marketing content. Effective at developing reports, collateral datasheets, packaging, multimedia presentations, and corporate communications. Strengths include copy organization, efficiency, and clarity.
Gemstone Media, Meridian, ID 2007–2015
Principal, Senior Editor
Copy edit and write reports, collateral, business content, web content,
and marketing materials.
- Edit and proofread company proposals, articles, manuals, annual reports, ads, online content, SEO, packaging, collateral, press releases, white papers, newsletters, and interactive presentations.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and corporate style in a deadline-driven setting in coordination with staff and freelance writers, editors, Epro designers, graphic designers, and project managers.
- Consolidate, streamline, rewrite, and reorganize business manuals, websites, reports, essays, and other content.
- Assist team members and subject-matter experts in preparation of scientific, technical, and industry-specific information for a lay audience.
- Prioritize projects from multiple clients, delivering high-quality work on budget and on schedule.
Ascentium, Garrigan Lyman, GreenRubino, HB Strategy Group, Hydrogen, Kitterman Marketing, Lionfish Creative, MediaPlant, MRM Worldwide, Murie Design Group, NBBJ, RisingLine, SS+K, Williams-Helde, Worktank Seattle
AT&T, Avanade, Balihoo, Bing, Centri Technology, Cisco, Clearwater Analytics, Dell, earHero, HP, HTC, Intermec, Microsoft, Peripheral Visions, PlayNetwork, Preco Electronics, T-Mobile, To-Increase
Banner Bank, Columbia Bank, Research Affiliates, Russell Investments, Skagit State Bank
Boys and Girls Clubs of King County, Idaho STAR, Seattle City Light, Seattle's Convention & Visitors Bureau, Sound Transit, University of Washington, Washington State Tourism, Washington State University
Cardiac Science, CellNetix, Delta Dental, Fred Hutchinson Center, Philips Medical, Physio-Control
Chevron, Coast Hotels, Columbia Hospitality, International Engineering Consortium, Keyes Packaging, KG Investment Management, MicroGREEN, Minwax, Office Depot, Patterson Buchanan, Simplot, VMRD
GreenRubino, Seattle, WA 2003–2007
Senior Editor (freelance)
Edit, write, and ensure accuracy and consistency of all outgoing material.
- Direct editing services in a deadline-driven setting in coordination
with staff and freelance writers, production teams, graphic designers, and project managers.
- Increase accuracy, readability, and quality of all printed and online material while enforcing corporate branding and legal guidelines.
- Work tactfully with clients, freelance writers, and internal resources
to maintain product integrity.
- Create compelling written content for marketing collateral, ad campaigns, and naming projects.
- Edited and proofread all materials developed by subject-matter experts to ensure appropriate format, tone, and content.
- Designed and wrote content for marketing promotions.
Copy edited Microsoft packaging, collateral material, Web sites, graphics, and corporate and end-user manuals.
- Consistently increased accuracy, readability, and quality of all printed material while enforcing corporate branding and legal guidelines.
- Ensured quality and consistency in a deadline-driven setting in coordination with staff and freelance writers, editors, EPro designers, graphic designers, and project managers.
- Clearly conveyed information and meaning by writing marketing, creative, and technical content for client and internal communications, including case studies, press releases, and business proposals.
- Developed a division-specific template for Microsoft system requirements.
- Led development of an easy-to-use, in-house style and usage guide for business writers.
Bellevue College, Bellevue, WA
Credits earned, Digital Video Production
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
Bachelor of Arts, English
Northwest Independent Editors Guild
Chicago, AP, Microsoft styles; corporate brand and style guides;
Windows and Mac platforms, Office 2000 and later, Acrobat